The following resolutions were passed by the 2016 Victoria Republican County Convention on March 19th.
COUNTY CONVENTION – RESOLUTIONS PASSED
PRESERVING AMERICAN FREEDOM
LIMITING THE EXPANSE OF GOVERNMENT POWER
- We oppose the United States government mandates and interference that exceeds the powers specifically delegated to federal authorities by the Constitution, and we urge states to use nullification for remedying problems caused by violating the Constitution.
- We oppose the systematic religious persecution within the United States military which attacks religious liberty such as: court-martial and imprisonment of officers for sharing their faith, expelling military participation of National Day of Prayer, and military personnel being penalized for traditional religious beliefs about sexuality.
- We urge the Texas Legislature to resist calls for a Constitutional Convention under any name and urge our Congressional members to adhere to the limitations on government found in Article I of the Constitution and to hold any and all parts of the federal government accountable when they ignore the Constitution and rule of law.
- We support the defense of the first amendment to include government and private organizations/institutions, which would ensure protection from penalties.
HONORING THE SYMBOLS OF OUR AMERICAN HERITAGE
- We oppose the purging of United States history by the removal of symbols that represent historic events and/or persons from our nation's past.
- In God we trust.
STRENGTHENING FAMILIES, PROTECTING LIFE AND PROMOTING HEALTH
EMPOWERING FAMILIES TO DIRECT THEIR HEALTH CARE
- We oppose a national health care plan and support legislation nullifying and rejecting the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.”
PROMOTING INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM AND PERSONAL SAFETY
PROTECTING CITIZENS FROM CRIME
- We support extra legal protection for concealed-carry gun owners when they take action/defend themselves and/or others.
STRENGTHENING THE ECONOMY
- Congress should repeal the current Fast Track Authority/TPA and instead perform its Constitutional duties in regards to regulating trade.
BUSINESS AND THE ECONOMY
- We support the American, capitalistic, private enterprise system in which property is privately owned, privately managed, and operated for profit and individual satisfaction in a competitive business environment in which supply and demand are the primary determinants of market prices for food and fiber production with less government control and protection of property rights.
DEFENDING SOVEREIGNTY AT HOME AND ABROAD
- We oppose any efforts of our government to establish a "North American Union" that would dilute the U.S. Constitutional rights and powers, reduce the sovereignty of the United States, remove the supremacy of the U.S. Supreme Court, or open our borders with Mexico and Canada.
- We do not support the Trans Pacific Partnership (TTP), the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), or the TISA "free trade agreements" as proposed which create conflict resolution tribunals that claim the authority to overrule national, state, and local laws, as well as national and state courts and constitutions. We also ask for withdrawal from NAFTA, CAFTA, and the WTO.
- Congress should reject the TPP when it comes up for a vote and under no circumstances should it be voted on by a "Lame Duck” Congress after the November election.
- We support Pro-Israel foreign policy and we are Anti-BDS (Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement).